Image Map

Monday, November 25, 2013

Hanumanasana: practice makes progress w1

I am really excited about this challenge, it has been in my head awhile and was contingent on my getting a phone with a camera that worked... So here we go!

When I wanted to get bakasana or sirsasana I was practicing those all the time and I eventually got them- the full splits, Hanumanasana, is something I would really like to improve, it opens the gates to so many other beautiful poses.

It is a full body stretch- chest, shoulders, etc. 

I am going to watch my progress with this pose for the next month- I am sure I will learn more patience. I am not looking for a perfect or full splits on either side but progress!!

I will be using pictosaur to track my progress- it's an awesome app by my cousin that marks progress and changes in photos and helps you like up the shot each time based on your last pic. 

Here are my week one pictures: thanks Lori for being my photographer 

The difference between my two side is apparent! 

I use the block to help support me and to hold the pose a little longer with out over stretching and the. Pulling or tearing that hamstring.

Due to the crazy running challenge I am currently doing I am slightly concerned I may move further from the ground- haha.

These pics are post a bind and unwind class full of arm balance and a chin balance attempt so I was pretty warmed up and a little sweaty! 
I will post a good warm up for this pose later this week- perhaps a mini-video??

Please feel free to join in the challenge and post your progress on the FB page. 

No comments:

Post a Comment