Image Map

Friday, August 16, 2013

Friday Five: five little things I am grateful for this week

Friday Five: five little things I am grateful for this week


FRIDAY FIVE: Each week I want to dedicate my Friday post to 5 little things that I was grateful for throughout the week. Of course I am grateful for my family, friends, home, food, and my job, but in trying to practice gratitude I want to take a moment to appreciate the little things or maybe to find the gems in a not so great situation. This week's 5 are tightly related to my trip to Montana this past week.

1. COCONUT OIL- After spending a little too much time in the sun with too little protection, combined with the dry air, my body loved the coconut oil I put on it after being outside all day.

2. MOUNTAINS- They are just so dang pretty to look at and fun to play in.

3. PEPPERMINT OIL- I have used this numerous times this week and it always comes to the rescue. After driving through the dang pretty mountains I tend to get carsick and the peppermint oil helps with nausea (not to mention headaches, a quick pick me up sniff, or a convenient breath freshener) Just apply a dab on the tummy, under the nose, in the mouth, on the temples, or behind the neck.

4. LAKES- This past week I have enjoyed being out on the lakes in inner tubes, paddle boards, kayaks, and a pontoon. The little, okay big, fish jump up and it's really neat to watch. The mountain lakes have been super refreshing to jump into-- so many laughs and so much fun.

5. SEAT BELTS- Some of the mountain roads are really curvy and I feel better knowing that my seat belt is helping to keep me safe as we hug the side of the road.


No comments:

Post a Comment