Image Map

Friday, August 23, 2013

Friday Five: Thankful for...

gratitude 2




1. Google Maps Bicycle and Public Transportation Option: The ability to use the little bike icon or the public transportation icon on Google Maps makes my life easier on a daily basis.

2. Waterfalls: They are so beautiful and this past Monday my cousin and I passed so many beautiful falls while heading to our final destination of Triple Falls in the Columbia George area of Oregon. We don't have many big waterfalls in IL, there is just something some magical about them.

3. Swings: I had a lot of fun playing on the swings this last week, I hadn't pumped that high in a long time, not to mention the joy that underdogs bring to all.

4. My uncle's bike: he let me borrow it to get around the Portland and go to yoga. I love that it acts as a form of transportation as well as a great way to see a city while getting some physical activity in- man Portland's hilly.

5. Small airports and airlines- A lot of my travel is done in large, overcrowded airports, there is this great energy to the tiny airports of Montana. The same person who checks you in will later be driving the baggage trolley to the plane, or taking your ticket at the gate. There are no lines, people are happier and you don't feel like if you can't get your shoes off, your clear bag out of your carry-on, and all your stuff on the belt in record time. Not to mention that Alaskan Air still gives you a complimentary snack and glass of local beer or wine!!! I feel like that is similar to what flying back in the day was like but without the smoking on the plane and the adorable flight attendant outfits.



gratitude 2 by cloch1 featuring hammocks & swings

No comments:

Post a Comment