Image Map

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Five Little Things




Five Little Thinkgs

With winter in full swing- and in Chicago it has gone past that to absurd- I have become extremely thankful for the simple things that allow life to be a little easier. And my number one stop for ease when shopping / preparing food is Trader Joes. We have one pretty close, it has a parking lot, and I can get a weeks worth of groceries for about $50. This past pay schedule I didn't recieve a pay check so cash was a little tight and I had to budget more than normal. This week we lived off of Chili and veggie burgers, oatmeal, and peanut butter balls / cookies.

The temperatures have been dancing around 0 to -20 this week, so as expected our heater is working hard and the air is dry. I am loving this humidifier- the one night we forgot to turn it on before falling asleep I got a bloody nose.

Numero 3- a broom! I know this sounds like a silly thing to be thankful for but you learn to appriciate these things when you don't have one. After we first moved into this apt. I asked the Mr. to pick up a broom for me during his trip to Ace. He came home with a hand broom because it was cheaper--requiring crawling on the floor while cleaning it. Ugh.  I almost bought a full sized one last summer until I remembered I was on my bike. Biking in Chicago can be scary enough without doing so with a broom. I purchased a cute little one at Marshall's a month ago and our floors look fabulous. I love my full sized broom it's so easy.

Pan Away and Peppermint Oil were my home made Icy Hot this past weekend. I slept funky and woke up with a sore neck on Sunday, layering on these two oils led to some relief.

My Eddie Bauer Parka- this thing is serious. My body is never cold- even while walking into 40mph wind gusts that provide a balmy -30' sensation. I need to buy down gloves and boots and I will be set. Also- they restuff the fluff for their coats- Life Time Guarantee! 

No comments:

Post a Comment