Image Map

Friday, October 25, 2013

Friday 5: five little things I am loving and grateful for this week

Friday 5: five little things I am loving and grateful for this week

It's that time of year when the weather is changing, clothes in the closet are being swapped from summer dresses to big chuncky sweaters, and new catalogs with Holiday goodies start arriving in the mail. It's super easy to feel like what we have isn't right and that we need new this or that or we drool over the new boots in the window of the store on the way to yoga--living in a big city and constantly passing store fronts on my way to and from wherever I decide to go makes it easy to get caught up in the game of wanting what I don't have and not appreciating the things I do. These Friday posts are to help remind me that I have fabulous things and to appriciate all that I have- I am a LUCKY, BLESSED person and I find happiness from within myself not from the items I don't own.

1. Slippers--- paired with a cup of tea, fleece pants, and a bowl of popcorn and you have me! Slippers make the middle of the night and early morning bathroom trips easier and if my feet are warm I am generally warmer all over.

2. Knitting- I have only knit a handful of times before, but for some reason I was called back to it a week ago, it helps with my anxiety, keeps my hands busy and my mind focused, and I can create warm goodies for all. See no. 3

3. Wrist warmers- I am a cold person, I often times see my fingernails turning a lovely shade of periwinkle when it gets cold outside. My office tends to be either freezing or hot and wrist warmers--knit by yours truely-- are the perfect answer to typing in the tundra that can be the grad. student office

4. Puffy Vest- my godfather is amazing and has gifted me some super warm puffy vests, they are perfect to put over a fleece and still have arm mobility. Not to mention they make a great pillow--I took a nap on mine the other day while reading.

5. My Mala- I really love the one above and can't wait till I get a really beautiful one, but for now I just whipped one up on my own from beads I had in a drawer- it ain't pretty but the other day when I felt an anxiety attack coming on I grabbed my beads, sat on my poof, and let a Ganesha mantra take over. I got up about 15 minutes later feeling a whole lot better and in control of my emotions.

Friday 5: five little things I am loving and grateful for this week by cloch1 featuring a down vest

No comments:

Post a Comment