Image Map

Friday, October 11, 2013

Friday Five: little things I am grateful for this week

Friday Five: little things I am grateful for this week
1. Quinoa- I love this grain/protein combination. This week I added it to my veg. chili and it fives it a similar texture to using ground beef.

2. My wool fuzzy socks- they are so warm, since temperatures at night and early morning are in the low 50's I really enjoy tucking my toes into these warm little suckers.

3. Our Variegated Rubber Tree- The beautiful colored leaves are so fun to look at and we have done a great job of growing it, watching it survive makes me proud.

4. Poncho- I scored an amazing poncho at a resale store, it is gray, comfy, and warm. I just find there is something elegant yet cozy about a well done poncho. Pair with skinny jeans, flats, bag, and a hot cup of coffee and I am set.

5. Steamers- Two weekends ago I decided to iron and starch all my husbands shirts while watching a show (it was an attempt at validating watching TV instead of reading by making the TV watching productive--yes I am slightly ashamed of my motives). I sometimes think I was meant to be a 1940's-60's housewife baking, crafting, decorating, and playing bridge with the ladies but every time I try to iron I am reminded that I wouldn't hack it and that my husband would always have to go to work with wrinkly shirts--unless we had a maid to iron which I am not against. I am also super thankful that we have a steamer and that C is an enthusiast steamer and does it each morning while I lay in bed getting those last ten minutes of yummy, cozy sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment